I usually am not at all thrilled about stepping on a scale and even less thrilled when the scale shows even an ounce higher then the last time, but in this case, I was ECSTATIC!
Keric has been going into the Dr.'s office once a week pretty much since he was born, to get weighed. He has been the exact same weight down to the tenth of a pound since May 31st, 5lbs 8.2 oz. Not even his birth weight. This has been more then a little upsetting and stressful to me and everyone else who has been worried about him.
I had been trying everything I knew how to do, and was even trying whatever people suggested to me, which was a lot! I went to a lactation specialist hoping she would have a magic cure to help the poor little guy put on some weight! He just looked like such a little old man with loose skin everywhere! She gave me some good suggestions, one of which I would have never thought of on my own....Get rid of the binky! Babies burn a lot of calories sucking on binkies and they get nothing out of it. (Maybe I need to get a binky for myself! ha ha) So last week I went home, got rid of my binkies, and started trying some new things she suggested to me.
Today we went in for yet another weekly weigh in. I was a little more hopeful this time because I kept thinking his face had gotten a little bit chubby, and the loose skin didn't seem so prevalent. So I crossed my fingers, held my breath and laid him down on the scale. The scale beeped and the numbers that flashed up made my heart jump! He had put on 14 oz in 10 days!!! I was so excited, I even did a little jump in the Dr.'s office! The scale now read 6 lbs 6.5 oz! So maybe by the time any of you see him, he will be a chunky monkey and the presence of a too tiny man will be long gone!
Don't you think he looks a little more chubby???
3 comments:
How precious is he these days! He does look a little more filled out but I wouldn't say he's "fatter" yet! So glad he's doing better and can't wait to see him. Mom
I'm so glad he has put on a few ounces! That's such a relief. Who knew that breast-feeding could be so complicated, huh? I'm glad he seems to have figured it out. He's such a sweet little guy. I bet he's probably the same size as my baby. She feels like she's got to be about 6 lbs, but who knows.
Cute Cute Cute! ~Megi =)
Post a Comment