Monday, March 3, 2008

Oh the fun of having a big belly!

So as the days and the time go by, my stomach seems to just get rounder and more obvious. This of course was fun at first, I liked looking a little more pregnant instead of just "fat", however there are the various draw backs of this new development on my body. These are just a few of the ones I have figured out. I'm sure there are many more to come.

Pregnant bellies seem to have some kind of appeal to little kids. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it is almost like my stomach is a child magnent! If there is a child with in 20 feet of me, they are automatically drawn to my stomach, whether I know them or not. The past few weeks I have had inside lunch duty, which basically means I babysit all the third and fourth graders while they are eating lunch. It's not a bad duty, but I don't count the days until it's my turn by any means. I usually get lots of hugs from my past students when they see me, but this time was different. Not only did I get hugs from past students, but from students I hardly knew! These weren't "normal" hugs, they just like to come up to me and put their arms around my stomach. At first I thought it was sort of cute, and then I just started to feel dumb. Were they really excited to see me, or did they just want to feel my big stomach! As if being a circus freak at school isn't bad enough, it has now started at home too!

Reagan has always liked to pat my stomach and talk to baby Keric or give him a kiss goodnight, but as my stomach has gotten bigger, this has gotten to be more of a habit, and it's not just when we are at home. She likes to lift my shirt up to "see the baby" and has done so at various places, like Wal-Mart and Cameron's Basketball games (to show her cousin). Sometimes she even likes to "show" OTHER people the baby, which becomes rather akward at times! The other day I came home from grocery shopping and Reagan came out to greet me. She likes to help me carry in the groceries and then help me put them away. As I was opening the back of the car she said "Nati, stay RIGHT THERE! I'll be back". I assumed she was just telling me she would be back to help me, but before I could respond, she ran out of the garage and yelled "Jayden, and Shatan, come see baby Keric!" Out of the corner of my eye I see the two little neighbor boys running up the driveway to "see the baby". I think they were somewhat disappointed to only see ME standing there with bags of groceries in my hands and no baby, but Reagie was just beaming as she put her hands on my stomach and said "See....baby Keric is in there". I have tried to nicely talk to her about this, but it doesn't seem to be getting through, plus I suppose it's sort of a "bonding" experience for us. haha

Besides being a child magnent, I have become a puppy detourent. The other night Chompie and T were laying on my lap, (what is left of it anyway) They have contests on my lap. One always has to fight over who is lying above the other one. Chompie had won the battle that night and was lying right on top of my stomach. He had fallen asleep and been there for probably 10 mins or so snoring away. I was quietly watching American Idol when all of the sudden I felt Keric kick harder then I ever had before. It was almost like he put his whole leg into it! As he kicked Chompie immediatley woke up and looked at me with the saddest little eyes. He had evidently felt the kick and thought I had done something to him. He kind of hung his little head down and quickly jumped off my stomach. I felt so bad!! He looked so heart broken and unwanted! For the remainder of the night he wouldn't come near my stomach. Apparently Keric doesn't appreciate Chompie lying on top of him.

Other then the little "draw backs" I do like my big round belly. It makes me that much more excited to see that Keric is that much closer to entering our little family. I wonder all the time what he will look like, or WHO he will look like, and how his little personality will be. So far I would describe him a little more like his Dad and older brother, FULL OF ENERGY, but who knows. Guess we'll find out in about 3 more months!



Keric's Ultra Sound Photo Nov. 18, 2007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your stories were so cute! I am glad the kids are so excited for the baby. You need to figure out how to post pictures so I can see your cute belly. We want to see Keric too!

Kimball Bennion said...

Wow. A private blog. I feel oh so exclusive.

Cicily Bennion said...

Oh! That sounds like so much fun. Poor Reagie. She just doesn't get it yet, I guess. That's cute though. And little Compie. That's too bad for him. He'll get over it though.

Cicily Bennion said...

Wow, only 3 months left and I still haven't seen you looking "pregnant." Maybe you should come home for Easter since we aren't going to NYC after all - just a thought. Sure do miss you guys - thanks for the great stories on the blog. Mom