Monday, March 17, 2008

Chompie...he's not a good dog, but lucky for him, he is a cute dog.

This week is the start of our "Spring Break". The kids are in California with their Mom, Chris has a lot going on at work, and since....I'm kind of a walking house, we didn't plan anything big this year like last year. I figured my time off would probably be better spent staying at home and getting started on my Spring Cleaning anyway. Not that Spring Cleaning is enjoyable to me in the least, but it does need to be done, especially with Keric coming in the next few months.

The day started out OK. I got kind of a slow start on the cleaning, but I was getting into it and was feeling pretty good about things, until I noticed that I only had one dog at my heels. When Chompie is gone, it's never good news! I called his name a couple of times and started out looking through the house. Then I heard him running up the stairs. NOT good! If he had gotten himself all the way downstairs, he had been gone longer then I thought. I went to meet him at the stairs and when he ran up, this was what I saw.....





He has gotten in the garbage before, so we have had to start closing the bathroom doors when he is out and running around. I guess I forgot to close the bathroom door downstairs this morning. Up until now, he has never done more then find a Kleenex, or some toilet paper, get it out and shred it into a million pieces. This is never one of my favorite scenes to find, but it's a little easier to clean up then gum stuck in fur!! Apparently, I not only have to make sure the bathroom doors are closed but also that there is no gum in the garbage!! I can't WAIT until he discovers diapers in the garbage!!! Like I said, good thing he is a cute dog, or at least we think he is. :)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

How funny. Well, you already know what it's like to have a toddler in the house :) Chompie's just giving you some practice for Keric in a few months. By the way, I've been wanting to tell you that Romie loves Chompie. I bought one of those family calendars Danna made at Christmas, and the month of March has a big picture of Chompie on it. Everytime Roman sees it, he points and barks. He loves doggies. Too bad his mean parents will never let him own one :)

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, Chompie! He is cute, though. Yes, it is good practice for kids. Ella gave Milo gum the other day. Luckily, I caught it before too long, but it could have been a disaster. Nice work on the spring cleaning, though. I need Mom to come visit me so I can get her to help/do it for me. (If your reading this mom, hint hint.:)

Cicily Bennion said...

Oh, dear - did you remember that you can remove it with peanut butter? Poor Chompie - so much energy. Good job on the spring cleaning - I will just wait until we move, I suppose. Wish I were closer, girls -I would be glad to come over and help. For some reason, cleaning somebody else's house has always been more fun than cleaning my own. What you don't get done, I can help when you have Keric - that's usually what I do during my baby visits :) Mom