Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bubby's First Broken Heart



Yesterday I was feeling a little claustrophobic, and it was actually a fairly nice day outside, so I told the kids we were going on a walk to Maverick. I figured if I threw Maverick in there they would be more willing to go. :)

My plan was to put Bubby in the stroller, but he wanted to walk like everyone else, so I figured I could handle walking with him if I had Cam and Reag to help me.

We set out on our little adventure, and before we got even a block away, I could tell that the idea of no stroller was a bad one, but I sucked it up and just crossed my fingers that we could get home before dark!

We had to stop and look at all sorts of rocks and worms, run from bugs and cars, and of course do lots of "Mark Set Go!" 's to keep everyone, ie Bubby, moving along!

As we were walking there was a little girl riding her scooter, and she was headed towards us. I kind of moved Bubby to the side and told him he needed to move so she could pass us. He looked up and said "Hi!" to the little girl, but she was kind of far away, so I don't think she heard him. We got a little closer and he said "HI!" a little louder, but still no response. Then she passed us and he said "HI!" one more time, and she STILL said nothing to him! He hung his little head down and said "ohhh" I wanted to CRY and run after that little girl and tell her to tell my baby HI! I'm sure it was nothing intentional, but oh it broke my heart!

I told Chris what happened, and he said "Oh...poor Bubby, the first of many many girls to break his heart!" He's probably right, but it still makes me sad to think about my sweet little boy with his little heart broken.

So just fair warning little girls...you break my baby's heart, you MAY just have to deal with ME!! You've been warned!

1 comment:

Kimball Bennion said...

Poor guy. We went on a river trail walk with Danny a couple of weeks ago. He stayed in his stroller for most of it, but we decided to let him walk when he got antsy. It was basically the same kind of experience. He had to bend down and examine every ant he saw crawling around.