Saturday, May 28, 2011

Keric's First Airplane Ride



Chris had to go to the Philippines again for work, and thanks to my wonderful Mom and Dad, Keric and I got to take a short little plane ride to Wyoming and spend the week with them!

Keric was SO excited about getting to go on an airplane ride! He talked about it for WEEKS, and asked every morning when he got up, if today was the day we were going to go on the airplane. Poor little guy...it was a long wait for BOTH of us!

Chris left on Monday, and then Keric and I left Tuesday night. To say that I was concerned about how things were going to go, would be an understatement, but I have to say, he really surprised me! For as anxious as he was to go, he really was a very good boy!

Our flight didn't leave until 9:30 p.m. which I think was a huge blessing! The airport was totally deserted! We were the only two people in the lobby to get our boarding passes, and the only people going through security. In fact it was SO DEAD that the TSA people let Keric go through the security machine 3 times! LOL He thought it was SO cool to go stand in there with his arms held up while the machine scanned him. They were really good sports about it, and I really appreciated how nice they were to us! I was sad I didn't have my camera to take pictures of him getting security checked, but trust me...it was funny!



We got to the airport pretty early, so he just kind of ran around, and looked at the planes, and rode the escalator and elevator for about an hour.



Finally it was time to board, and we were off!

He carried his very own bag and back pack and was a very GOOD boy walking to the plane!



We found our seats, and he quickly buckled up!




He colored


Ate peanuts and drank "Sparklie" aka Sprite



Played his Leapster games



and even flirted with the little Indian girl from India who sat behind us. He's such a flirt!

It was late when we finally landed, and he was happy to see Grandma and Grandpa. I think he was awake for a whole 10 mins in the car, and then he was OUT! I was glad I dressed him in his jammies so I could just put him to bed. I felt bad that his Daddy didn't get to be with us on his first airplane ride, but hopefully there will be many other rides, and we will ALL get to go. ;)

No comments: