Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Brownie Supreme!



This will in no way be as exciting to anyone else as it is to me, but since this is MY blog, I get to blog about whatever I want to...so I'm going to blog about this! :)

At the beginning of the month I signed up to participate in a month long contest over at Brownie Scraps. The prize was a three month guest spot as a Brownie Supreme. A Brownie Supreme is a person who gets to scrap layouts with ALL the kits that are sold at Brownie Scraps. Basically you are on the creative team for the whole store, versus being on a creative team for one or two designers who sell at the store. These layouts are then used all over to advertise scrap booking products that are sold at the store.

The contest was REALLY fun! There were probably 40+ people who entered the contest, and it was all based on "votes" from store customers and also the designers themselves. The layouts who got the most votes for that week, got a certain number of points, and the 5 people with the highest amount of votes at the end of the contest were offered guest spots on the team for three months.

I felt pretty good about my layouts. I worked really hard on each one of them. We had a challenge every week, and I really had to "stretch" myself in some of these challenges! They were NOT easy!

The first week our challenge was to scrap our "everyday life". The catch was, the ONLY words on the page that could be used, were lyrics from a song that described our life! Um...my life consists of laundry, cleaning, poopy diapers and scrap booking! Not real exciting!! So I looked through what felt like HUNDREDS of songs, and finally found one that I felt like described my life: "Blessed" by Martina McBride. This was my week one layout:



The Second week was an even HARDER. This week we had to scrap a body part, and we could only use three words to describe our picture. This was my layout for the second week:



The third week we had to scrap someone or something we loved and then make a page that looked like a traditional scrapbook page! So basically a page that you could scrap with actual paper supplies. This was hard for me since I was really never a paper scrapper, but this was my page for the third week.



Each week we could get a possible 6 points per layout, depending on the votes we received. By the end of week 4, I only had 5 points! :( I was so sad!

By the end of the challenge I was pretty much down towards the bottom of the list, and figured I had lost my chance. Yesterday however I got an e-mail from Romana, who is the owner of Brownie Scraps. She said that all the designers "loved my layouts" and she wanted to offer me a PERMANENT position on the Brownie Supreme team!

I was so excited I actually screamed out loud! It's a huge deal to be on a store Creative Team, and I am totally flattered that the designers chose ME to advertise their products!

So I have been scrapping away, and having a great time, as you can probably tell! :)







Anyway....that's my big fun news for the week! My life is a little boring, so I get excited over silly things I know....but...I'm pretty excited! :)

3 comments:

Elaine said...

That's so exciting! Congrats. It's nice to have some encouragement and praise for all of the hard work you are doing.

Shannon said...

Go Natalee!!! :)

AdamAndMelaine said...

That's so cool, Natalee! You really are so talented! Wish I was that artsy!