Saturday, October 9, 2010

6 Months and Still Going Strong!



Yesterday I went to Dr. Bertin's office for my 6 month check-up. This is an x-ray of my new hip. Pretty cool huh?

I still can't believe that it's already been 6 months since I had my hip replaced!

In so many ways it seems like it was just yesterday, and in other ways, it seems like it was an eternity ago!

I still thank my Father in Heaven every single day for the miracle that happened to me 6 months ago! Thankfully our brains don't remember pain, but I do remember the limitations that I had 6 months ago.

It was so hard to do the simplest things everyday! Now I hardly think about doing the things I used to dread from day to day!

I still can't believe how easy it is to climb my stairs more than twice a day, to go grocery shopping, to chase my child, to go on a walk with my friends! It just baffles my mind some days!

Chris has said many times, that since my 24/7 pain has been taken away from me, I am a different person! I'm much happier, and much more the girl he married. I think he's right, because I FEEL happier! :)

I get stronger everyday! My limp is pretty much totally gone. It comes back if I'm really tired, or have worked too hard that day. The other day Keric took off running and much to my surprise AND his, I RAN after him, and caught him! Maybe he has finally met his match? haha

I will truly be forever grateful for Dr. Bertin and his staff, for my sweet husband and children for taking care of me for so long, and for my Father in Heaven, who knows me and who answers not only MY prayers, but the prayers of so many family members and friends!

Here is to another great 6 months...and MANY MANY MORE!!!

No comments: