Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'll Never be my Grandma!

With Conference and the RS Broadcast still being fresh in my mind, I have been asking myself what can I do to be a better wife to my husband and mother to my children!

I constantly feel inadequate about the things that I do and don't do for my family. I love my family, don't get me wrong, but I know there are many MANY things that I can improve on!

I won't make a list of all the many many things that I fail at daily, but let's just say the list is long! :)

I joke with Chris quite a bit that "I'll just never be my Mother" but today I learned that I will also never be my GRANDMA!

Today in Sacrament Meeting the bishop was announcing Super Saturday this coming weekend and he said "So husbands, plan to have your wives gone for a couple of hours, and well...you'll have to get your own lunch." I looked over at Chris and he was kind of laughing, and I said..."So what else is new??" He just kind of chuckled.

My Grandma has made my Grandpa lunch probably everyday of their married life! And I'm not talking about a little sandwich with a few chips and a nice diet Pepsi...I'm talking Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, fresh carrots, AND dessert! Apparently our Bishop is used to such pampering as well! My husband...not so much! He sometimes gets a sandwich while I'm making Bubby's lunch!

So there is another thing I guess I need to improve on! Good Grief! The list gets added to every day! Maybe I should have just never asked the question!

1 comment:

ALLY said...

Ha Ha I feel the same way, I think our Moms and Grandma have super hero gene's in them :)
P.S. I'm in Tooele quite a bit for work, I would love to stop by sometime for a quick visit to see you and see how big Keric has gotten.