Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Little Person with a Personality!



When I was little my mom used to sing this funny song that went something along the lines of "He's a little person with a personality...." I don't know that there were anymore lines to the song other than that one, and I always assumed it was something she just made up to sing to us when we were little.

Whether it was made up or not, that song has been going through my head a LOT lately as I watch my OWN little person with a personality, and man does he have one!

The past week or so, he has really made us laugh with some of the silly things he says and does. He is getting to be quite the little talker!

The other day I was in the kitchen cleaning up lunch. Bubby as you know loves to watch Handy Manny, and he likes to sit and eat his "shish" (Gold fish crackers) while he watches. I had set him down on the carpet with his little bowl of shish and turned on Handy Manny for him while I cleaned up. I guess I wasn't doing too good of a job at watching him because as I was putting dishes in the dishwasher I heard an all too familiar voice say "Oh Bubby! No! No!" I looked over and he was no longer sitting on the floor eating his shish, so I started calling his name. Pretty soon he came running out of the bathroom with a big smile on his face. I asked him what he was doing in the bathroom, and he just stood there smiling. So I went to investigate.

He had been taking his goldfish and putting them in the toilet! From what I could see he hadn't eaten any of them, but I guess if he did, thankfully my toilet was clean! He obviously knew what he was doing was "bad", I guess he just didn't care that it was bad. So somewhere along the way, I have missed teaching him a step!



All the toilet paper you see in the garbage behind him, would be the remnants of a previous Bubby mess!

A couple days later I decided that I really wanted to have fettuccine. I don't know why, but since Chris is on Atkins and can't have pasta I made Bubby and I some for lunch one day. He seemed to really like it. He was eating away and saying "mmmm!" which is always a good sign. Next thing I know he is doing his famous "Ah ah ACHOO" game where he pretends to sneeze and then when he says "ACHOO" he throws something. Usually something he shouldn't be throwing. When I checked on him, he had thrown a whole bunch of noodles on my wall! I said "BUBBY! We don't throw noodles on mommy's walls!" His response was "Doggie! No! No!" So I guess now we are blaming the dog for things we have done?



This last week I also took Bubby shoe shopping. Shoe shopping would be much more fun if a) he was a girl and b) he was good in stores, but it was something that had to be done! This past Sunday I put his church shoes on him, and he started screaming and trying to take them off. He usually doesn't mind shoes, however I know he prefers to not wear them if he can get away with it. I figured he was just upset about having to go to church and I didn't think much more about it. I went to finish getting ready and he was following me crying about his shoes. I looked down and he was actually walking kind of weird like maybe they actually DID hurt. I said "Buddy what's wrong with your shoes?" and he said "Fat Feet!" I immediately started laughing! Chris and I are always making fun of his little fat feet. We are always saying that his feet are the only thing FAT on him. I guess he understands when we talk about his fat feet!! I hope he doesn't have a complex about them now!

I hate that my little boy gets bigger with each passing day, and that he becomes more and more a little BOY and less and less a baby, but I do love watching him become his own little person with his own little personality!

I love you Bubby! Thank you for always making me laugh and smile each and everyday!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh the joys of parenthood! Actually, there are a tons of "joys", but sometimes we just have to wonder about these little ones. He is such a cute kid!