Friday, March 26, 2010

Ending Up with a Lemon

According to Wikipedia the term "Lemon" over time has come to refer to anything broken or defective.

I can't help but look back over the past few years and wonder if Chris didn't end up "Buying" himself a real lemon!

Most of you have probably heard by now that my hip-replacement surgery is finally scheduled and will be taking place on April 5th at LDS Hospital. I went to see Dr. Bertin on Wednesday and luckily he had a cancellation for the 5th so I snatched it up! I was so grateful that he had an appointment so soon! I was afraid I was going to have to wait another few months, and I wasn't sure I could wait that long! Although the recovery from this surgery is not nearly as intense as the recovery I would have been looking at with the PAO surgery, it will still be a good 6 weeks before I will be up and around all on my own. I will have to use 2 crutches for 3 weeks and then 1 crutch for the next 3 weeks, and hopefully when I go in for my 6 week check I will be all fixed!

Chris and I have been married for 4 years in June and in that 4 years he has had to put up with quite a bit from me! I don't consider myself a "sickly" or an un-healthy person, but I think I have probably only given him about 1 good year!

1st it was my Pre-Eclampsia, then it was being an overwhelmed new mom, and for the last year it's been a "gimpy" hip. Pretty soon it will be a wife on crutches for 6 weeks!

Thankfully he is a good sport about it, and he doesn't complain about having to use valuable vacation time to take care of me, and that he will have to do all the cleaning, and cooking, and the constant chasing after Keric, or at least he doesn't complain to me about it! :)

So even though most "lemons" are just lemons their entire life, and never really become anything more than that, I am hoping that after my surgery and my recovery I will at least be considered a lime, and hopefully Chris will still consider me a "good purchase"!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Natalee you are not a lemon and if you think so then at least Chris can always make lemonade. :) I just want to wish you luck with your hip surgery. I have some sympathy for you. I broke my hip and had to have a metal plate with pins and a bone graft done. It is a lot different then what you will have done but I sort of know what it's like. I was on bed rest for 6 months and crutches for another 6 months then I had to go to physical therapy to learn to walk again. It was not the most fun thing and I still have pain from it. I do know hip replacements are a lot different and I know you will recover fast and feel so much better. But I still feel for you, I hate surgery and recovering. Let me know if you need anything!

Shannon said...

You are funny! You are so NOT a lemon. Stuff happens to all of us and we jut have to deal with it. Chris will be fine to help out for a while. Let me know how I can help also. I just hope you feel so much better after all is said and done.