Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mickey, Minnie & Frankenstein

It's not even October yet, and we've had lots of little characters coming and going in our house!

"Mickey" showed up last Wednesday much to my utter and complete horror! I was sitting at the table feeding Bubby his snack, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mickey come running straight for the heating vent! Being the "big girl" that I am, I made some horrible shrieking sound, said something like "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Scooped Bubby up and ran for the living room, because you know...mice don't go in the living room. (I think really rationally when I see mice!)

Chris of course came running up to see what the big emergency was, and was not too happy when he found out it was "just a mouse". I don't think anyone but my mother and sisters understand the sheer panic and stress that happens to me when I see a mouse. Traps were bought THAT day, and set ASAP. I wasn't living in this house with a mouse!

I had nightmares all night that night about stupid mice. We have a heating vent right above our bed and I kept thinking that the mouse was gonna jump out of there and land right on my face. Thankfully we caught Mickey that next day!




Of course as luck would have it...Mickey brought along a friend! I don't think Mickey had been caught for less than a couple hours before I saw the other mouse. YES...it was ME AGAIN who got the privilege of seeing the second one. "Minnie" was a little more brave. I saw her LOTS of times, and we didn't catch her for a few days. It was getting the the point of either her staying, or me. Thankfully I was the one that got to stay.



So far so good...we, or I guess I should say I have not seen anymore! I'm hoping they are gone, and we wont have a problem again!

Bubby is getting quite good at his walking skills, however he reminds me a lot of Frankenstein when he walks. My new nickname for him is "Frank". He walks with his arms straight out and his legs spread far apart, but he walks for long distances. It's pretty cute to watch him! I'm thinking of having him be Frankenstein for Halloween, but I doubt he'll still be walking that way by the time Halloween rolls around. It might still be a cute costume though, we'll see. I guess you'll just have to wait for the Halloween card to see. :)






3 comments:

Kenna said...

Oh dear I'm so sorry about your "friends"! I HATE mice too and I would have had nightmares for sure! We had a mouse problem in MT. I thought there was just one but when we set the traps I think we caught 8, and when we realized they were in our laundry room and moved the washer and dryer there were "droppings" everywhere! Disgusting!! So I hope your problem in over with!!:(

The Zieglers said...

I can relate....I am SO terrified of mice! I can't believe you took pictures! I can't even look at them! ick ick ick! We have been getting them as well. Jamison told me to go buy a few traps......I got 16 of them, the guy at the store looked at me like I was nuts....I probably am!

Can't believe your sweet boy is walking! He's growing up so fast.....time for another one!!

Shannon said...

That's funny! I panic the same way but not with mice... spiders! I hate them!