Well for the past week or so we have been wedding, and tilling, and all sorts of just fun fun things trying to get ready to plant our "new" yard. It has been quite the project, and we still aren't quite done yet, but at least we are at a point where it's at least somewhat rewarding. Not that looking at freshly weeded and empty flower beds isn't rewarding, but ya know.
Here are some before and after pictures of what we have gotten done so far. Chris still has to get the drip line done on the second flower bed, a few more shrubs planted and then the bark laid down. I still need to finish all the bark in the tree rings, and I can maybe even finish the planting while Chris is doing the drip line if I get the rings done in time. Then it will be on to the back yard projects. Who knew I was such a gardener!?!? I would almost venture to say that my Grandpa Hopkin would maybe even be proud of his "Nandee"!
Before
After
I love these little purple flowering trees!! We bought 4 of them, they are one of my favorite new things we put in the yard.
Before
After
My project...the tree rings.
East Side of the House
5 comments:
Oh I Do love your little flowering trees! The yard looks great! We've been putting in a yard for 2 years now...it's such a long, hard, expensive process! But very rewarding when you start seeing it come together! Good luck with the rest!
gorgeous!!! we need to walk over there for a tour :)
Looks great!
Wow, nice work. The yard looks great. We need you two in our yard. And, where ever did that huge doughnut come from? I have never seen anything like it! Hope Cameron had a good birthday today. Tell him happy birthday for us!
Nati - The yard is looking GREAT! Who knew? You should see mine these days - one big mud hole. I don't know if Terry will ever make it over here - I'm so discouraged. Mom
Post a Comment