Tuesday, December 30, 2008

WHOA! What a Christmas!



I love this picture of Keric! He looks so surprised and overwhelemed with his Christmas gifts! I know the more reasonable explination is he is losing his balance or something, but the picture kind of captures how I felt about our amazing Christmas this year!

Christmas is always a great time, and I don't know that I have ever had a "bad" one but, we had an especially fun Christmas this year. I have to say, I got everything I wanted, and more then I deserved.

My sweet husband sent me to get my nails done, my hair done, AND a pedicure the Monday before Christmas as part of my Christmas present. It was SO FUN! I haven't had my nails done or a pedicure since before Keric was born. He even watched Bubby for me while I was gone. It was so nice to feel like a girl again. I got red glitter tips, and Keric LOVES them. He's so funny! He likes to pull at them and try to put them in his mouth.

We were also able to make the long trek to Wyoming to spend the most of the Holidays with my entire family. The roads were HORRIBLE until Litttle America, and after that they were great!

Yes, it's true, all seven kids, spouses, and grandchildren were able to be home for Christmas this year. Our Family got there on the 19th, and by the 21st, everyone was home! It was quite the crowd, but I have to say, my Dad has finally perfected a Bennion home to house us all in!

My parent's new home is AMAZING! I am continually in awe at what an amazing and talented builder my Dad is! There were a couple of nights that I was up late with Bubby and I just walked around in the dark looking at every little detail in the house. There was something new to find every night! It really is so beautiful! Each of us has our own rooms, decorated just for us. My room is all decked out in an African theme in memory of my mission, Collin and Jen's room is a New York theme and etc. Each room has its own bathroom, and then the kids had a little grandkids loft upstairs with bunk beds, a play room, and their own bathroom too. They had a great time up there with their cousins! The best thing about the house was that there were literally 22 people there at the same time, and it NEVER felt like it! You could go places in the house and be totally alone. I can't even do that in my OWN house some days and there are certainly not 22 people here!

Chris and I had to drive back to Utah at 4 am on the 24th in order to get Cameron and Reagan back to their Mom in time for their family Christmas celebrations. I was really sad to leave my family, but we had a huge Bennion Christmas/ Birthday party for my Dad on the 23rd. It was complete with Santa Claus, presents, and lots and lots of laughing! I felt like my Christmas was celebrated on the 23rd. I couldn't have asked for a nicer one then that!

We had a pretty quite Christmas Eve and Christmas morning in Utah. We spent the afternoon of Christmas Eve sleeping because we were SO BEAT from the long and early drive. Poor Chris drove the whole 10 hours home! I offered, but he said he wouldn't get any sleep knowing I was driving. RUDE! We went over to Mamma Anne's house that night and hung out with Chris' brother and sister.

We didn't pick up Cameron and Reagan until 2:00 p.m. on Christmas Day, so we had kind of a lazy Christmas morning too. Bubby wasn't really too into the whole Christmas thing obviously. I was way more excited about it then he was. He did have fun with his toys after I showed him how some of them worked, and he even ripped open a present or two on his own. His most favorite toy has been his "Bumbo". If any of you with babies have never tried one of these...you HAVE to invest in one! Keric LOVES it! He can't quite sit up yet, so this is perfect. He will sit in it forever and just watch me do boring things, like fold laundry. I think it makes him feel "big".

The biggest Christmas surprise we got was Keric's two bottom teeth! They have been threatening to pop through for awhile now, and sure enough they did on Christmas Eve. As we were unpacking the car from our long drive home, he smiled at me, and I noticed two little white teeth in the bottom of his mouth! It was so cool! He refuses to let me look at them, let alone take a picture of them, but they are definitely there! One day I'll get one taken and post it. He looks so big with teeth! He likes to put his tongue on them and feel them, so most of his pictures lately he has his tongue hanging out and he's slobbering. Oh the joys of teething. Good thing Santa stuck a teething ring in his stocking. He must have known he was getting teeth for Christmas!

We spent Christmas Evening at Mama Anne's house. She gave all of us a trip to Disney Land in July 2009, for Christmas. She gave each of the kids a Disney Toy with a little note inside that said "Merry Christmas! You're Going to Disney Land!" They were all pretty excited.

It was something she and Craig always talked about doing, and she decided now was as good a time as any. I'm sad Craig isn't going with us; he always made everything such a "party" and had a way of making me always laugh! Of course it will still be fun, but I will miss him! Bubby will be a little young to enjoy everything, but that will just mean we'll have to take him back.

We loved hearing from all of you this year through your Christmas Cards and letters. I did get a picture sent out, but Chris thought it was silly to do a letter when I do the blog. I guess it would have been a little repetitive. Maybe I'll do a letter next year.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and are looking forward to a fun New Years!



My "Bumbo" Baby


Can you guess what Reagan got for Chrismtas??


A new noisy light up toy! Yea!


WOW! Bubby hit the jackpot!


Keric with Grandma and Grandpa Bennion


Keric loves his "Mama Lynn"!


Santa came to Gradmas's house! Yes, you do see 22 stockings hanging from the fireplace in the background. It was cool to see a stocking for everyone!


Merry Christmas Pampa Fraig!! We miss you and Love you!


Keric's first visit to Santa. Not exactly how I picture Santa, but what do you do??? He didn't care obviously!


My Christmas Kids!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Nati! It looks like you had the Best Christmas EVER!?!? How totally fun! That house sounds amazing! And...Kirk and I were so jealous of the Disneyland gift idea! When and if we are ever grandparents, I want to be cool like that! ;-) I'm still working on my Christmas cards...it may not happen...ugh...but yours were sure cute! Love Ya! Megan (with a twist!)

Bethany said...

Christmas was so fun this year. I'm glad we got to see everyone. It was so sad to leave. Roman still talks about Cameron and "Way-gon" They were so sweet with Roman and Iris. I'm glad your trip home was good. We need to start planning our next trip now with everyone :)

Kimball Bennion said...

Nati - Loved your post. It was so fun having all you guys home for Christmas. We are going to be lost tomorrow when Kimball and Elaine leave. Loved the picture of Keric and his toys and he looks so cute in the little cords and sweater. Can't wait until you come back! Mom

Unknown said...

We had such a fun time seeing your guys! The kids were a little lonely once you and your family left. We have to plan another trip together soon. We have to take advantage of the house! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas once you got home too. Love the photos. Danna