Thursday, November 3, 2011

Other Moments that need to be "documented"

I'm so behind in my blogging that I keep remembering other things that happened that I should have written about, so instead of trying to go back and write them all down, I'm just going to do a quick post about some of the things that didn't get mentioned.... :(

July 11 I needed a change, so I decided to change my hair. I went from dark to blonde...Chris' preference :) and I got bangs! I haven't had bangs since before my mission which was FOREVER ago. I was a little hesitant, but now I totally love them! I think I'll keep them for a long time! :)



July 14 - 18 Our trip to Wyoming for my College Ward Reunion. Keric and I drove up by ourselves on the 14th






Chris flew from Seattle, where he was at an Amazon conference on the 15th to meet us. I had SO MUCH fun seeing so many people that I hadn't seen for so long! I am always so reluctant to go to reunions..but am always glad I do when they are over. :)

Our trip was eventful as always. While Keric and I were driving to my Mom's we drove through some construction work...of course! There is always a road somewhere in WY that is getting re-paved! The guy behind us was too impatient to drive the 35 mph that we were supposed to drive, and before I knew it, he was speeding past me throwing up all sorts of loose gravel. As annoyed as I was by him, what happened next scared me to death! About 10 seconds later, of course after he had LONG passed, I heard a big "BANG" sound and next thing I knew my drivers side window had completely shattered! It took me awhile to pull off the side of the road, and as I kept driving the glass started blowing out at me. I was so mad/scared and just plain upset! Thankfully we were OK, and I made it the 2 more hours to my Mom's house. Were were able to get the window fixed in Powell, so we didn't have to drive home with no window, and of course it made for an interesting story!



Chris was great to help out with all the cooking at the reunion, and Keric had a great time making new friends and playing at the park. We also got to spend time with my Mom on her birthday, which was fun too, and attend "Crazy Days"...a long time Powell Tradition. My mom found a really cheap Powell Panther Sweatshirt that Keric LOVES, and is so excited to wear in the winter! :) Go Panthers!!










July 22 - Potty training FAIL



September 6 - Despite our utter potty training failure, Keric was still allowed to start pre-school. His teachers were fine with him wearing a pull-up, but said they would not change any diapers, and would call me to come get him if he had a poopie diaper. I sat down and explained all of this to Keric. He was thrilled to be able to go to school, and I was thrilled for him! When we took him to school, he was a little apprehensive, and scared, but he eventually warmed up and seemed to be OK with me leaving.







However when I picked him up, he had a little picture of himself that they made, and he had a sad face. He told me that he "just made a sad face cause he was just crying at school". I felt SO BAD!

1 comment:

Anthony and Christel said...

Tyse goes to that preschool too! Come see me sometime, I live down the road from it!