Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I don't usually get too into Halloween, but this year Keric was so excited about it, I couldn't help but be excited about it too! We actually bought his costume the first week of October because he wanted SO badly to go into the "Spooky Store" so we took him, and ended up getting him a costume. He wasn't too sure about what it was he wanted to be, but finally settled on being a Pirate.


Chris and I don't dress up...I think it's kind of fun, but it's a lot of work, and something Chris just doesn't really seem to want to take part in. ha ha I usually just end up wearing a Halloween shirt of some kind. This year I found an Iron on stencil on Etsy of a skeleton, that had a little baby skeleton in the belly. I just HAD to get it, so I wore my skeleton shirt, but later realized that most people didn't even NOTICE the little baby skeleton on the shirt! :( Oh well...it was cute anyway.


Sorry for the horrible picture...but it was 10:30 p.m. and I realized I hadn't taken a picture of the shirt yet. Chris insisted my face had to be in it too...and well, it had been a long somewhat windy trick or treating day! :(

Keric's pre-school had a little Halloween party on Friday the 28th and I made some treats for it. I don't know why I feel like there are these little "mile stones" that as I Mom I kind of meet every once in awhile, but I was actually pretty excited about making treats for his school party! Something I have never done before, and I stressed out about it for days! Thank goodness for Pintrest! I found some pretty cute little Rice Krispie pumpkin treats that I made, that I thought turned out kinda cute.


They had a little costume parade for the parents and grandparents. Chris, Mama Anne and I went to watch. It was amazingly a pretty nice day. Not warm really, but also not snowing or freezing cold! Keric was one of the first little boys to come out of the school, and he raised his little sword and in his big loud voice yelled "HI MOMMY!" I hate to admit it, but it totally brought tears to my eyes! He was SO CUTE, and so happy!


After their parade, they stood on the steps and sang a couple of Halloween songs, and then they went inside and had their little party minus the parents.


I am so grateful that we found this little pre-school! I was a little hesitant at first because I know he is a little young to be going to pre-school, but it has been SO GOOD for him, and he just loves it! He loves his teachers, and they do such a good job with all those little kids and teaching things in such a fun way. Every time I drop him off or pick him up, he is just so happy and excited! I'm glad we decided to let him go, even if he is young. :)

On Saturday the 29th we went to our ward's annual Trunk or Treat. Thankfully Saturday was also a nice day! Keric had a great time, and of course came home with more candy than we needed around the house!





Cameron and Reagan we able to come along with Corbin. Reagan decided she wasn't going to dress up this year, she was going to just go trick or treating as herself!?! I noticed that several people asked her what she was dressed as, and I heard her say "Halloween Girl". Not sure where that came from, but guess she didn't want to say "I'm dressed as Reagan Wexels". LOL Cameron dressed as a Pokemon character, and Corbin was "Bumblebee" from transformers. I think they all had a fun time.



After Trunk or Treat we carved pumpkins. Keric refused to eat his dinner, so I wouldn't let him carve his pumpkin until he was done.


Long story short, he basically spent the entire night crying, so while he was STILL crying over his un-eaten dinner, Chris carved him a "Sad" pumpkin. LOL After he was done he kept saying he felt bad, and maybe that was too mean, but I thought it was cute, and Keric actually seemed to kind of like it. I carved Baby Berry's pumpkin, I don't have real carving skills, but I managed to make SOMETHING, and Chris kind of cleaned it up.



I also roasted pumpkin seeds for the first time. Cameron really wanted some, and I hadn't had any for years, so I figured what the heck. The ended up being kind of "burned" or something...but actually they all got eaten, so they must not have been that bad. :) Guess I'll know for next year how NOT to roast them!



Monday was of course Halloween, and miracle of all miracles it was SO NICE outside! We didn't even have to wear coats! We took Keric trick or treating around the neighborhood, and he was having a great time, until we came to a house that had a bunch of guys dressed up in spooky kinds of costumes. He was NOT having it! I was sort of annoyed that the guys didn't take their masks off, or at least do SOMETHING to make him stop freaking out, but whatever I guess. We made it through. After those experiences, he insisted he was done and wanted to go home. I felt so bad! We made him go to a couple more neighbors houses before we went to Grantsville to pick up Cam and Reag. He trick or treated a couple houses there with them, and then we went to Mama Anne's house for Soup.

It was certainly a FULL weekend, and also a fun weekend! It's funny to think about having a little baby to take trick or treating next year. That will be fun too! Wonder what He/She will dress up as? Maybe I can talk Keric into doing a "theme" costume next year with the new baby. :)

No comments: