The lesson was: Don't mess with Bubby and Daddy's "Depot" dates!!!
Maybe it was all the "dates" that Chris and I went on to Home Depot when I was pregnant, or maybe it's just simply that we, and by we I mean CHRIS, has been working on the basement since before Bubby was born, and therefore has made many a trip to Home Depot, but Keric has ALWAYS loved Home Depot!

(December 17, 2009)
Often times there are days when we just don't really leave the house much, if at all, and Bubby gets antsy and wants to go "bye-bye". This often times means a walk around the block, or a quick trip to Maverick or Wal-Mart. The funny thing is sometimes he will specifically ask to go to Depot.
Because he loves it so much, Chris will often times take him when he goes, and they kind of have little "Daddy Bubby dates" to Home Depot. Apparently Bubby takes this time with his Daddy very seriously!
Last night Chris had to go to Home Depot, and asked if I wanted to come and look at light fixtures. So I rode along. When we got there, I could tell that Bubby was kind of fussy and upset. Chris put him in his little race car cart and we headed towards the light fixtures. Every time I would try to push the cart, or even TOUCH the cart, Bubby would scream "NO MOMMY!" Then he would start to cry for his Daddy!
Chris was the ONLY one who could push him in the cart, and if there was ever a time when we were kind of by ourselves and Chris was looking at something, Bubby would push me and say "NO Mommy! Go!"
It was very OBVIOUS that I had crashed a party, and was not wanted! I was a little hurt and offended that he was so upset that I was there, but I have to admit that it kind of warmed my heart a little. I know he is little, but I LOVE that he has a special little place that he considers just HIS and DADDY'S!
I guess next time I'll just stay home! :)
1 comment:
Oh, that is SO funny! How sweet that that is their special time!
Post a Comment