I am so behind in my blog posting! I have been wanting to post about Mother's day for a week now, and have just never gotten it done! So before it gets skipped over with all of Keric's birthday festivities, I better get it done!
Chris always goes all out on Holidays and usually I end up feeling totally not worthy of all the attention by the time the day is over, Mother's Day was no exception!
He got up early and made me breakfast. He made Crepes with apple's, cherries, and a chocolate crepe with just whip cream in it. Then he also did chocolate milk and Dr. Pepper. :) Yes the Dr. Pepper is unusually small. It's like the size of one of those little V8 can's that you used to see. It's 7.5 oz. That was another one of my Mother's day presents. An 8 pack of tiny Dr. Peppers. Chris called them emergency Dr. Peppers, because they are small enough to fit in my purse! :) I may or may not have put one in my purse.....
While I slept, he and the kids were downstairs helping with breakfast and making me cards.
They were all so cute when they came in my room. Chris led the pack with breakfast, and then each kid followed behind him holding a shoe box. I am so sad I didn't get a picture of it! It was one of those times I really wished I had a couple more kids, then I would have had a couple more pairs of shoes! ;)
After I opened all my shoe boxes and cards and ate my yummy breakfast, we all hurried around and got ready for church. Church was nice, all the men took over all of the women's callings for the day so everyone got to go to Relief Society. It had been awhile since I had gone, and it was kind of nice, but I sort of missed Young Women I have to admit. I guess they are more on my maturity level or something? :)
We came home from church and all took naps! (YEA! My favorite part of Sunday) and then we went to Matt and Denise's house for dinner.
It took me most of the night to get to talk to my OWN Mom, but I finally got to talk to her around 9:00 p.m. I guess that's what happens when you have 7 kids, if you aren't right on top of the calling, you end up being the last one to finally get through!
It was a very nice day and I am thankful for such a great family and for such a great day! Now I just have to figure out what the heck to do for Father's Day!! :)
3 comments:
Wow, looks yummy! Is that a Dr. Pepper?.... for breakfast? LOL : )
Wow, what a nice hubby! Those crepes look delicious!
I'm glad you had a good mothers day!
oh my gosh!! that breakfast looks like the best thing on the planet! dang he treats you like a princess! tell him to keep up the good freakin' work, (and perhaps he could remind dean of a thing or two on how to treat a girl...) :o)
Post a Comment