Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Keric's 2nd Birthday



I still can't believe that my "baby" is two years old!

This year Keric's birthday fell on a Monday, so we decided to have his birthday party on Sunday to make it easier for people to be here. My original plan was for Keric to have a Handy Manny birthday party since he loves Manny so much, but finding Handy Manny birthday decorations is next to impossible so we instead opted for a "Ba Bob" aka Sponge Bob party. Keric doesn't love Ba Bob like he loves Manny, but some days when I can't take one more episode of Manny, he will watch an episode or two of Sponge Bob. He knows who he is, and is always quick to point him out whenever we are in a store or someplace that has Sponge Bob.




I was bound and determined to make Keric's cake this year, but the more I thought about it the more I felt bad for Keric. How fair is it that Cameron and Reagan get these professional Cake Boss/Ace of Cakes looking cakes and Keric's cake looks like crap! So I told Chris that I wanted to help with the cake, but basically all I did was make the cake, Chocolate cake with cream cheese filling, and Chris did all the rest. Oh well...at least I can say I did a part of it, even if it was only about 1/8 of the work!






We had everyone come over for dinner and cake and ice-cream. Since Keric's favorite meal is McDonald's Happy Meals so we couldn't really have his "favorite" for dinner, so we did BBQ'd chicken, baked potatoes, salad, and rolls.

After dinner we had the kids go outside where we had a Sponge Bob Pinata for the kids to whack. Poor Bubby didn't quite know what to do with it, but they all seemed to have fun with it.










After each kid got about 5 turns we decided it was time for Daddy and Uncle Jon to break it, so they played baseball with it, and finally got the dumb thing to break! haha!




We came in and opened presents and had cake and ice-cream. Handy Manny was well represented in the present department, along with some much needed clothes and other fun toys. He was very spoiled to say the least!





On his actual birthday we did a few little things for him too. Chris has this tradition that he does with the kids that he calls "The Holy Mess". He fills their bedrooms with balloons the night before their birthday so that they wake up to a huge mess of balloons. This isn't exactly my favorite tradition but the kids love it, so I go along with it...most of the time. Blowing up 120+ balloons to throw all over the floor just really isn't quite fun to me yet. I am more thinking about all the popped balloons I am going to have to clean up!



When Keric woke up he was a little scared of all the balloons in his room, but when I got him out of his bed and played with the balloons for a little while, he got really excited and started jumping in them and throwing them in the air. It was cute.

He got a left over piece of birthday cake after lunch, and then he took a little nap before we went to pick up Cam and Reag from school.

After we picked up Cam and Reag we drove up to Thanksgiving Point to the Dinosaur Museum. I had never been there before. When we got out of the car Keric saw the HUGE dinosaur on the front of the building and started jumping around in the parking lot and making "Roar" sounds. It was kind of funny.

The museum was actually really cool, and for the most part pretty kid friendly. It didn't have the stuffy museum feel to it and no one looked at us in disgust for walking in with three kids! :)




I didn't feel overly anxious that they were going to break something or touch something that they shouldn't be touching. They even had a couple places especially for kids. One place was filled with sand and water that they could play with Dinosaurs in and then they also had a little pretend dig site that they could go in and find dinosaur bones. Despite all of the running up and down the ramps in the museum, Keric was actually really good.























After the Museum we drove on into Provo and went to Los Hermano's for dinner. I LOVE that place and we hadn't been there in forever. In fact I think we decided the last time we were there was when we drove to Provo so I could look for brides maid dresses for our wedding! Hopefully it wont be that long before we go again. :)

We told the waiter that it was Keric's birthday, and he brought him a bowl of fried ice-cream, which he LOVED, but they didn't sing to him or anything. He said he was afraid it would scare Keric, which is probably true, so we just all told him Happy Birthday and let him dig into his ice-cream.




We got home kind of late, and of course all the kids were beat.





No one argued about having to get their jammies on and go to bed.

It was a little hard for me to see my "baby" turn two. No longer will I say he is X-months old...now it is just a number year old. He doesn't have any more "well baby" check ups and "baby" look is totally gone. He is no longer my "baby" (just ask him if he's a baby...) he is my big/little boy.

But he sure is a SWEET big/little boy and oh how I love him! :)




I love you Bubby! I hope you had a very happy 2nd birthday!

4 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

Um...that cake is friekin' awesome!!!! Happy Birthday Keric!

Kenna said...

Happy Birthday Keric! It really is fun that you and Gracie have the same Birthday. Looks like a fun Sponge Bob party! And What a cake!! Chris and a real cake decorating talent! And I'm sure is tasted as good as it looks thanks to you Natalee:)
I'm glad you had a fun time at the Dinosaur Museum! We have gone there for about the past 3 years for Gracie's birthday day too, she loves it there and my Bro. in law works there so we get a free pass! We didn't go this year but how fun would that have been to run into you there. Actually, last time we went we ran into Danna and Brady...crazy huh! Anyways, I'm glad Keric had a good birthday!

Shannon said...

Wow! What a brithday!!! Yeah, way cool cake!

Shannon said...

Oh... one more thing... maybe Chris should go into pro cake decorating. : ) He could probably make some money from it... or maybe not, I'll bet it takes him a lot of time to decorate them. Anyhow, pretty amazing!