Friday, May 7, 2010

2 Year Old Pictures



I am still having a really hard time believing/accepting that my "baby" is turning two in just a couple of very short weeks! I am very obviously the only one having a hard time with this since my "baby" himself points out other kids his own age, younger and sometimes even OLDER than he is as "baby" but when I call him my baby he says "no". I suppose he is right. Some days I swear he is just too dang smart for his own good!

I try to get his pictures taken about every 6 months or so, and I especially like having them done around his birthday, so as the big day got closer and closer I was trying to decide where to get his pictures done. The last few times I have gone to Sears and have been less than happy with what I have gotten for the prices I have paid. They usually only spend about 15 mins with us, and then come out and show me about 5 decent pictures which end up being extremely over priced! So this year I decided against Sears!

We had such great success with our Christmas pictures that I decided to bug my friend Christel again and see if she would be willing to snap a few pictures of Keric for me. She says she's not a photographer and that she just does it for fun, but I beg to differ. The pictures she has done for us have been amazing! Lots better than the Sears "photographers" have done! :)

Luckily she agreed to take some pictures of Keric for me. Despite that fact that he was totally naughty the whole time she was really patient with him, and really good to work with him! We went to three different places to get pictures, and she even brought him some balloons and candy for bribes. :) He LOVED the balloons, but sadly he let them go after about 4 pictures. She even brought him a balloon afterwards since he had let them go.

Yet again I was totally shocked at how many GOOD pictures she got of him. You would think by looking at them that he was a perfect little angel doing everything she asked him to do, but trust me, he was far from that! I would have been happy with one or two good pictures honestly!

So here is Bubby's first photo shoot. If it looks like he has something in his mouth it's because he does! A bag of Skittles can go a LONG way when you are trying to get a little boy to sit down and STAY! :)
















Thank you again Christel! You are amazing!! I can't wait for out next photo shoot with you! :)

6 comments:

Elaine said...

I love the mouth full of skittles smile. Good memories. It'll be a good story to tell him later, too.

Unknown said...

Awe, thanks so much Natalee!! I loved taking pictures of him! I knew it would be a little more difficult just because of the age, and because Tyse is super difficult with pictures. I am so glad that we did get some really cute ones! Happy Birthday Keric!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh sorry..that was me(Christel). haha

Shannon said...

They turned out darling! Christel did a great job! I still need her to do some for us, or at least of Afton... maybe one of these days I will find some time to actually get it done.

Anthony and Christel said...

Anytime Shannon! :)

Melissa said...

seriously, so much better than sears or even the now defunct kiddie candids. way to go christel!!! way to go natalee for making to kerics 2 yr old bday!!!