Friday, November 6, 2009

Scrappy Nati Designs



One of the CT's that I am on, actually my very FIRST CT, asked us awhile ago to contribute to a CT kit that would be given away as a promotion for the designer I create for. They wanted us basically to make a small kit of our own!

I was PETRIFIED! I thought, what in the world have I signed up for?!?! I can do layouts no problem, but as far as making a kit myself, I had no idea what to do.

So I sent the designer an e-mail explaining to her that I may be in way over my head, and she assured me that designing was "easy" and she could help me with some of the basic more simple things for this kit. So I was assigned to do what are called "clusters". Basically I take all the elements from the different parts of the kit, and make up "better" elements.

Last night I was having trouble sleeping, so I came down to the dungeon and started working on my clusters. They actually weren't hard at all, and it was fun to do them.

The second part of my "design" assignment was to "present" them. So I had to come up with a name for myself, and also make what is called a preview page. So I did those last night too. I sent my clusters in for "review" and got lots of good feedback on them, which made me feel good.

So anyway, here is my design debut. It's kinda fun to know that somewhere out there, someone is going to make a scrapbook page, and they will use MY clusters...or at least I hope they will!

Sorry for all the scrapbook talk...it probably makes no sense to those of you who don't scrapbook, but hey...all I'm really looking for is some not so solicited praise from others! haha

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Very cute... you're doing great!