Things didn't go exactly as planned, but it was still a great time! Keric was sick the entire time we were there, which meant we really didn't get to do much. I had to miss my cousin's wedding reception because he was sick, so I didn't get to see many people. I'm so amazed at how happy and easy going Keric is. Despite him being sick the entire time, he was such a happy boy. You wouldn't know by looking at him that he felt horrible.
Here are few pictures that we took during our trip. Thanks Mom and Dad for being such great hosts as always! Our stay in the Bennion Manor was wonderful as usual!


Easter Egg Scavanger Hunt


Easter Sunday
Bubby's first Easter basket. Silly Bunny hid it way up on top of the fridge! :)

"Kissing Cousins". I can't believe Keric and Iris are only two months apart...he is TWICE as big as her. But he loves her! Always trying to put his arm around her and touch her. I hope they grow up to be the best of friends!
Ready for the long drive home!
Keric and his Aunt CC
Leaving Powell and Heart Mountain behind...until next time! Of course a trip to Wyoming wouldn't be complete without some kind of adventure!
*Warning* These next pictures are NOT for the faint at heart!!!! ;)
Around South Pass...the WORST part of the drive, Chris started smelling something "funny". We turned around to see what it was, and there was poor Bubby...sitting in bright yellow poop! It was a blow out like I had never before seen in my life!! We of course couldn't pull over right away, so while we were trying to find a safe place to pull over, Bubby was having a great time playing in his new "playdough". Oh it was just SO GROSS!! When we got pulled over and assessed the situation, it actually became quite comical. The kids were pretty grossed out about it all, but Chris and I were laughing. I was laughing to keep from crying I think. Chris immediately said..."This is blog worthy we need to take pictures" and so we did. Some of you may not want to see them. ;)
Told ya...he was just happy as a little clam! He was so good in the car, never complained once, but obviously he didn't feel well!!
Of course it was snowing and freezing cold on South Pass, and so poor little Bubby was outside in the freezing cold getting stripped down and wiped down with wipes. He was so upset, understandably so, and we were trying to hurry as fast as we could, but he was out there for awhile. When he was finally "clean" I stuck him in the front seat of the car in the sun so he could warm up. He was much happier then.
Chris cleaning up the car seat
All clean, new clothes, and ready to get back on the road! Only 5 more hours to go! It's not a trip to Wyoming without a big story to tell afterwards!
6 comments:
Glad to see you had a good trip other than that nasty blowout. That would be the worst to have to deal with in the car on the side of the road.
I am so jealous that you got to go to Powell for Easter! Your right, we need to plan better so we would be there at the same time! It would be great to have a girls lunch and catch up! Loved your pictures! I laughed so hard at the one on "South Pass"! How crappy ( no pun intended) was that!!
Cute pictures of the kids on Easter. I feel for you... kids pooping or throwing up in the car is the worst!
We had so much fun with you guys. Roman is still talking about Cam and Reag. That poo was just nasty...you poor things!
The blowout aside - how cool is it that Keric has a Daddy that's willing to clean yellow poop out of his car seat? Ya done good Natalee!
Ha ha ha! On that same pass Mattie had a blowout...and when we pulled into some rest stop...there was actually poo and a diaper remanent shut in our mini van door...talk about embarrassing...yikes! But...sounds like you had a good Easter! I totally love the appliances in your mom's kitchen...is that the kitchen...or the guest kitchen? ;-)
Post a Comment