This was Bubby's first "real" Easter so I wanted to do a little Easter egg hunt for him that morning. Chris and I filled eggs the night before and so before he got up I hid a few of them around and then took him downstairs to find them. Of course I forgot to take any pictures because I was so involved in helping him and watching him, but at least Chris got it on video. It was so funny to see him getting so excited about finding his eggs and putting them in his little bag. I was surprised at how quickly he caught on to what we were doing, and was sorry that I hadn't hid more eggs for him! He kept wanting to find more, and there were no more to find. We did however open a few of them and let him eat some of the treats out of them so that made him happy.
We watched conference that morning, and I made french toast Easter Eggs for breakfast. I have this Easter Egg cookie cutter that I have really never used before so I decided I would use it to make breakfast since I probably wasn't going to be baking a huge batch of sugar cookies! Maybe next year? This was really my first attempt at making French Toast and I have to say not only was it incredibly easy, it was also really good! Guess I'll have to make it more often, Easter Egg shaped or not.
Keric was pretty good during conference. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to hear any of the talks over his running and playing, but he wasn't too bad. I was really proud of him for folding his arms during all the prayers and for saying a big hearty AMEN at the end of each one.
That was about all he could stand to sit through were the prayers, but hey..he's not even two yet, so I suppose I can't expect too much yet.
Today was also Reagan's 7th birthday, so Chris started making her cake this morning. He has really gotten pretty good at this whole cake thing. He always asks the birthday kid what kind of cake they want and of course they always have some sort of elaborate request for him. There have been many a time where I wasn't quite sure if he would be able to pull it off or not, but he comes through every time!
This year Reagan's request was a polka dot cake. I had watched enough "Cake Boss" episodes that I suggested he just make a simple round cake and then use fondant for the polka dots. I think he had already thought of that idea, but he wasn't sure where to buy fondant. That may have been the only part that I really helped with, because I DID know that you could buy it at Wal Mart and I even knew which aisle it was on! So he did go down and buy some and came up with a really cute polka dot cake. He made a white cake and put cream cheese and blueberry filling in the middle of it.
It was actually a really good cake, but we also found out that fondant itself really doesn't taste so good. I guess the next time I watch "Cake Boss" I won't be so sad that I can't have a big huge slice of cake with them!
Cam and Reag came to our house later that afternoon and we had Easter Egg hunt #2 for Keric and #4 or something for Cameron and Reagan. I guess it's a good thing they still think it's fun since they get a LOT of repeat things. This time I DID get pictures of Keric finding his eggs and I think he was even more excited about finding eggs the second time which I didn't think was possible.
We finished watching conference and then headed up to Mama Anne's for dinner and yes...Easter egg hunt #3/5. I didn't bother taking pictures of that one because let's face it...you can only have so many egg hunt pictures before they all just start looking the same!
After dinner Reagan opened her gifts and then we had cake and ice-cream, these events sadly are on video only.
It was quite a long and hectic day, but I have to admit that when you are having surgery the NEXT day, it's not so bad to have to endure such a long and hectic day the day before in fact it was probably kind of a blessing. It certainly kept my mind off of how anxious I really was!
2 comments:
Very cute. Danny just sat and played with two eggs during his Easter egg hunt this year. It will be fun when he understands the idea. I love the cake too. Very cute.
Elaine
Keric looks so grown up! What a cute little boy! I've been thinking about you hoping your on the mend!! Take care!
Post a Comment